With construction of Lexi’s Puppy Patch begun at McKinley Park, Creston Parks and Recreation board began their own construction of rules Tuesday regarding pets and owners while in the park. No action was taken.
Those behind the construction of the park are striving to open before July 4.
To assist with policy, Creston Parks and Recreation reviewed the rules for a dog park in Osceola.
Osceola’s Parks and Recreation Board approved the rules for its park last fall. All users of the park must have a permit from City Hall to use the facility. The additional rules of the Osceola dog park are as follows:
• Must be on a leash while entering and exiting park.
• Be current on rabies vaccination certification.
• Be older than 4 months of age and in good health.
• Large dog area is limited to dogs more than than 25 lbs.
• Small dog area is limited to smaller dogs less than 25 lbs.
• Dog Park hours are sunrise to sunset.
• Enter the appropriate play area according to dog’s size.
• Handlers shall pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste with bags provided.
• Gates shall be kept closed at all times.
• Children younger than 9 may not enter fenced area for safety reasons.
• Children 9 to 17 years of age must be with an adult at all times.
• Dog handler must be 18 years of age with no more than two dogs.
• Dog handler must supervise their dogs and, at no time, leave them unattended.
• Owners are responsible and liable for any damage cause by their dogs.
• Dog owners who do comply to the rules set by the Osceola Park and Recreation Board will be requested to leave and/or banned from future use of the dog park.
• Children younger than 9.
• Food or drink except small training dog-treats.
• Tobacco or alcohol.
• Female dogs during their heat cycle.
• Aggressive, sick or lame dogs.
• Animals other than dogs.