Bridgewater Roundup Day June 17
Bridgewater’s annual family night, Bridgewater Roundup Day, is set for Saturday, June 17, in the city park.
According to organizers, the night will include a a hamburger or brat patty meal from 5-7 p.m. accompanied by kids games. Minute to Win It! games will follow the meal.
The meal costs $9 for adults and $5 for children.
Paul Nelson banking retirement
Paul Nelson is retiring as President of Union State Bank.
A reception, with a light lunch, will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, June 14 at the bank’s Greenfield location in his honor.
Conservation Day Camps open
Adair County Conservation has summer day camps available for various age children throughout the summer.
Preschool through second grade camps will be limited to 15 participants while camps for older children will be limited to 20. With questions or concerns, contact seasonal naturalist Barb Busenbarrick at 641-743-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign ups are based on the school year recently completed.
• Woods and Water for preschool: 1:30-3:30 p.m. June 14-15 at Mormon Trail Lake, registration deadline ($10 fee) June 7. Campers will explore the wonders of nature in a woodland on day one with exploration of water on day two.
• Nature Explorers for K-2nd grade 9 a.m.-noon June 21-22 at Ken Sidey Nature Area/Mormon Trail Lake, registration deadline June 13 ($10 fee). On the first day, explore the woods and prairie at Ken Sidey Nature Area. On day two, campers will enjoy the Mormon Trail Lake for hiking, outdoor games and more.
• Geocaching for 3rd-5th grade 1-4 p.m. June 28 at Ken Sidey Nature Area ,registration deadline June 13 ($10 fee). Search high and low learning the art of geochaching and orienteering. Learn about directions, hiding treats for others to find, and more.
• Nature Survivalist for 6th-8th grade 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Lake Orient, reigstration deadline June 28 ($10). Learn about the ins and outs of survival in the wildness. Campers will build shelters, make a fire, find food and use GPS. Survival scenario games will follow.
Extension Youth Camps Open Now
Adair County ISU Extension and Outreach has seven more camp options for area youth in the month of June. The first camp, a Static Exhibit Workshop for fourth grade and up was schedued for Thursday, June 1.
Registrations are due as soon as possible for the following camps
• Rabbit Workshop, 9-11 a.m. June 10 at the fairgrounds for third grade and up (Free)
• Jr. Cooking Camp, 1-4 p.m. June 12 for kindergarten-3rd grade at the 4-H/FFA building ($10)
• Cloverkids Day Camp, 1-4 p.m. June 22 for kindergarden-3rd grade at the 4H/FFA Building (Free)
• Springbrook State Park trip, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Springbrook State Park for third grade and up ($20)
Extension is also hosting story hours at Orient, Fontanelle, Greenfield and Adair libriaries.
In Orient, they are 10 a.m. June 5, 12 and 19; In Fontanelle, they are 10 a.m. June 6, 13 and 20; In Greenfield, they are 10:30 a.m. June 8, 22 and 29; and in Adair, they are 10:30 a.m. June 7 and 28.
Fitness Center camp registrations open
The Adair County Health and Fitness Center has announced camp opportunities for this summer for area kids.
Preschool camps with the theme of arts and crafts, splish splash, gynastics and more and outer space will happen 9-11 a.m. Wednesdays June 7 through June 28. Cost is $10 per camp. Registration will close the Friday before each camp, or when a maximum capacity of 12 particpants is reached.
Youth camps are 9-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 6 through June 29. Themes are tye dye, arts and crafts, splish spash, outer space, gymnastics and more, 3 2 1 Blastoff!, around the campfire and baking and cooking 101. Cost is $12 per participant. Registration will close the Friday before each camp, or when a maximum capacity of 15 particpants is reached.